As we enter the summer months, our worship theme for June will be “Revelry.” Join us this month as we revel in the ordinary and the extraordinary, the ups and the downs. Worship services will be led by Rev. Laura Bogle, Rev. Jake Morrill, and Frances Henderson.
- 10:00 am – Casual Sunday – Join FUUF friends for coffee and fellowship.
- 10:30 am – UUA Social Witness Process – Translating Values into Action -- Learn about the Unitarian Universalist Association’s Social Witness process, which includes two types of actions:
o A 4-year process spent in Congregational Study/Action and development of Statements of Conscience
o Actions of Immediate Witness
Here are some of the topics from recent years:
o Escalating Inequalities
o Supporting the Black Lives Matter Movement
o Reproductive Justice
o Immigration as a Moral Issue
- NOTE: 5th Sunday Love Cooks Ministry Rescheduled for June 2 – Due to the holiday weekend, the Love Cooks ministry (making meals to be frozen for later use by congregation or community members in need) will meet on Thursday, June 2 at 6:30 pm at a FUUF member’s home. For more information, contact Sherry Brewer at .
- 10:00 am – WORSHIP: “Passages and Celebrations" (Rev. Laura Bogle) –Join us for our annual service sharing milestones and significant events in the lives of our members and friends.We’ll be celebrating youth and elders—and everyone in between!
- 11:00 am – Potluck – A catered lunch will be served… all are welcome!
- 11:30 am – Annual Congregational Meeting
- 10:00 am – WORSHIP: “Reflections on Resilience” (Frances Henderson) – Dr. Frances Henderson, member of St. Paul AME Zion Church and Associate Professor of Political Science at Maryville College, shares her reflections on resilience.
- 11:20 am - 12:35 pm -- Blount County United Presents “Privilege, Power and Difference” – The Education Committee of Blount County United (BCU) will be doing a workshop style presentation. Bring a brown bag lunch and a drink if you like. We will provide coffee, and will have ice and cups available. One of the items on the agenda is a discussion of Chapters 1 and 2 from Allan G. Johnson's book "Privilege, Power and Difference.”
- 9:00 am – Meditation – Join us for 45 minutes of mindfulness meditation in the outdoor pavilion. Sue Neustel will lead the group, but all input is welcome.
- 10:00 am – WORSHIP: "Invitation to the Feast” (Rev. Jake Morrill) – An old Jewish joke says that all Jewish holidays can be boiled down to the idea, 'They tried to kill us, we survived, let's eat.' Feasting as a ritual way to punctuate life is a phenomenon in most religious traditions. But 'the feast' is also a way to talk about the vision of our faith, what we've been aiming for all along.
- 10:00 am – Coffee and Fellowship
- 10:30 am – WORSHIP: Live Stream of Worship Service from Unitarian Universalist Association General Assembly in Columbus, OH